NFocus is looking for a Senior Software Architect to join our team.
The Sr Software Architect leads a team through specific team tasks, including system or process maintenance, new project delivery, and production issue resolution. Works with IT Senior Management to develop department direction and vision. Sets goals to ensure the success of the Team. Provides both team and cross functional leadership while ensuring the quality and timeliness of all team deliverable. The Sr Software Architect participates on one or more project teams, including supporting the design and modeling of the architecture and related solutions, component identification, quality reviews and adherence to policies, standards, guidelines and procedures. They review existing business processes to improve business processes as well as support all architectural disciplines under Sr IT Management direction. They will also be required to give input to the overall ESA practice and standards.
Essential Functions Include
- Leads team members through department tasks including design, development, and/or configuration of IT systems that meet technical specifications and end-user requirements
- Works with IT Senior Management to develop department direction and vision that ensures alignment with business strategy
- Sets team goals to ensure the success of the department in accordance with milestones developed by IT Senior Management
- Be part of a team of developers in solving complex software problems.
- Establish and adhere to coding and engineering practices within the team.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA / BS / BFA) or equivalent preferred
- 5-8 years’ working in a corporate or equivalent environment
- Experience with management and supervisory practices; human resource practices; safety requirements and procedures; standard office practices
- Experience with IT architecture and design concepts; software development lifecycle; project management; advanced and systems administration practices and principles; planning, design, and problem resolution