A collection of interesting facts and figures from the United States Postal Service
- The USPS delivered 146.4 billion pieces of mail in 2018, more than 52% (77.3 billion) was Marketing Mail
- 47% of the world’s mail volume is handled by the USPS
- That’s 484.8 million mailpieces each day
- Shipping/Package volume increased 500 million pieces to 6.2 billion in 2018
- The Postal Service processed 36.8 million change of address requests in 2018, more than 100,000 a day
- The first ‘scratch and sniff’ stamp was released in 2018 as part of the USPS’s Frozen Treats stamps
- The USPS purchased 675,000 tires to support their fleet of vehicles in 2018
- Postal Service employees traveled 1.4 billion miles to deliver your mail
Scheduled Network Maintenance
A network outage for Listcounts and ResQue is scheduled for Saturday February 23rd from 8:00am EST to 4:00pm EST. Listcounts and ResQue will not be available during this time.
Please contact your Account Manager or Support if you have any questions.
Thank you for your patience.
The NFocus Support Team
Informed Delivery reaches a new milestone for sign-ups opening new opportunities for mailers
The United States Postal Service recently announced that Informed Delivery has reached the milestone of 15 million subscribers. Informed Delivery is a free service allowing consumers to receive a daily email preview of their incoming mail and manage their packages. Consumers can sign up for the free service at the USPS Informed Delivery website.
What does this mean for marketers using direct mail?
Mailers can now deploy an Interactive Campaign that will integrate their mailpiece with the Informed Delivery email being sent to consumers. The interactive campaign includes custom images and a targeted URL, giving consumers the ability to click through to a landing page or website. The Informed Delivery Interactive Campaign gives mailers an easy pathway to marry their direct mail campaign with a digital component creating an omni-channel option.
The USPS is also offering a 2% discount off postage for mailings incorporating the interactive campaigns. The promotional period runs from September 1st through November 30th. Eligible mail includes Marketing Mail letters and flats, Nonprofit Marketing Mail letters and flats, and First-Class presort & automation letters, cards and flats.
NFocus is here to help you succeed with your Informed Delivery Interactive Campaign.
NFocus can help mailers with every step of creating and deploying interactive campaigns. The NFocus NFormed Delivery full service option includes formatting pre-campaign data and reports, and uploading required elements into USPS Business Customer Gateway for deployment.
We also offer a self-serve option to mailers who would like to manage their campaigns. NFocus can provide the required data elements needed to marry the interactive campaign to the direct mail campaign.
Contact NFocus today to learn how you can take advantage of these opportunities.