NFocus is looking to add a Software Developer to our team
This developer will contribute to innovation which is critical for the growth of a fast growing, mission-driven sustainable business. The Full Stack Developer is responsible for the development of web applications that take into consideration all aspects of application development architecture design including – performance, scalability, coding, caching, security, encryption, session state management, and error logging and testing. Successful candidates will be self-starters and have a passion for software development. Collaboration with all NFocus departments and with our enterprise customers is required, making good communication and interpersonal skills essential.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Writes complex technical modules based on design specifications adhering to department coding guidelines delivering on time and on budget in a quality manner.
- Designs, prototypes and applies best practices for new and/or existing systems including the development of test plans
- Establishes priorities and executes to achieve results
- Creates software release notes, support documents, and user documentation
- Ensures proper version control of application software code
- Performs troubleshooting, debugging and testing of application software
- Resolves production support issues in a timely manner, including during non-business work hours when required.
- Communicates effectively with manager, peers, and internal customers to relay status of work and raise challenges, concerns, questions, and issues as necessary
- Collaborate with senior developers to help author standard process and support related documents
- Stays abreast of the new technologies and help articulate pros and cons to the management team
- Mentors junior staff in appropriate technical and business skills and help coordinate their day-to-day tasks
- Understands database architecture, distributed infrastructure and various network technologies to develop robust and scalable solutions for the organization
- Performs code reviews and design reviews in order ensure quality of deliverables and functional requirements are achieved
- Participates in daily stand ups, sprint planning, and other activities in an Agile Scrum environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree (BA / BS / BFA) or equivalent preferred
- 5-8 years’ working in a corporate or equivalent environment
- 4+ years of prior experience in application development
- Technical capacity
- Problem solving/analysis
- Communication proficiency
- Work independently as well as with a team
- Time management
- Full Stack web development (8+ years)
- The ability to work in a team of developers of varied skill levels and expertise.
- Multi-tier layered architecture
Core Technologies Listed in Priority
- ASP.NET/C#, .NET Core
- Docker containerization
- UI/UX (Design, CSS, Cross-browser)
- MS SQL, SSMS, SSIS
- MVVM, MVC, or other similar framework
- Entity Framework
- Git Source Control
- Familiarity practicing in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Cloud development experience
- Experience with Geographic Information System (GIS Software)
Email questions or your resume to Dianne Garlinger, Director of Finance and Human Resources