NFocus is looking for a Senior Software Architect to join our team.
The Sr Software Architect leads a team through specific team tasks, including system or process maintenance, new project delivery, and production issue resolution. Works with IT Senior Management to develop department direction and vision. Sets goals to ensure the success of the Team. Provides both team and cross functional leadership while ensuring the quality and timeliness of all team deliverable. The Sr Software Architect participates on one or more project teams, including supporting the design and modeling of the architecture and related solutions, component identification, quality reviews and adherence to policies, standards, guidelines and procedures. They review existing business processes to improve business processes as well as support all architectural disciplines under Sr IT Management direction. They will also be required to give input to the overall ESA practice and standards.
Essential Functions Include
- Leads team members through department tasks including design, development, and/or configuration of IT systems that meet technical specifications and end-user requirements
- Works with IT Senior Management to develop department direction and vision that ensures alignment with business strategy
- Sets team goals to ensure the success of the department in accordance with milestones developed by IT Senior Management
- Be part of a team of developers in solving complex software problems.
- Establish and adhere to coding and engineering practices within the team.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA / BS / BFA) or equivalent preferred
- 5-8 years’ working in a corporate or equivalent environment
- Experience with management and supervisory practices; human resource practices; safety requirements and procedures; standard office practices
- Experience with IT architecture and design concepts; software development lifecycle; project management; advanced and systems administration practices and principles; planning, design, and problem resolution
View the complete job posting here. Contact Dianne Garlinger for more information.
An overview of the proposed 2019 USPS promotions and Incentives for mailers.
Each year the United States Postal Service provides several promotions and incentives for mailers to utilize new technology with their direct mail printing and messaging. Promotions focus on specific technologies and are only available for a limited amount of time, usually 3-6 months. The incentive programs are available for both First-Class and Marketing Mail classes.
2019 proposed USPS Promotion and Incentive program
- Tactile, Sensory & Interactive Promotion
- February 1, 2019 – July 31, 2019
- Encourages marketers to incorporate innovative techniques on their mailpieces including specialty paper, specialty ink, and interactive elements.
- Available for Marketing Mail letters and flats, nonprofit Marketing mail letters and flats
- Incentive: 2% discount of eligible postage
- Emerging and Advanced Technology Promotion
- March 1, 2019 – August 31, 2019
- Encourages direct mailers to incorporate advanced technology in their mail campaigns, including augmented reality, virtual reality and mixed reality.
- Available for First-Class presort & auto letters, cards and flats, Marketing Mail letters and flats, nonprofit Marketing Mail letters and flats
- Incentive: 2% discount on eligible postage
- Earned Value Promotion
- April 1, 2019 – June 30, 2019
- Encourages the use of Business Reply Mail and Courtesy Reply Mail to boost First-Class Mail volumes.
- Available for Business Reply Mail, Courtesy Reply Mail and Share Mail cards and letters
- Incentive: $.03 credit
- Personalized Color Transpromo Promotion
- July 1, 2019 – December 31, 2019
- Encourages the mailer of bills and statements to use color messaging.
- Available for First-Class Mail commercial letters with IMb Full-Service
- Incentive: discount of 2% of eligible postage
- Mobile Shopping Promotion
- August 1, 2019 – December 31, 2019
- Encourages the use of technologies to connect direct mail to online shopping, such as QR codes.
- Available for Marketing Mail letters and flats and nonprofit Marketing Mail letters and flats
- Incentive: 2% discount on postage for eligible pieces
- Informed Delivery Promotion
- September 1, 2019 – November 30, 2019
- Encourages mailers to use create Informed Delivery campaigns in conjunction with their direct mail campaign.
- Available for First-Class Mail presort & auto letters, cards and flats, Marketing Mail letters and flats, and nonprofit Marketing Mail letters and flats
- Incentive: Discount of 2% on eligible postage
Building renovations continue to progress
Construction crews continue to make progress on the NFocus exterior renovation project. Crews were able to remove all the siding and old insulation on the Data Center and IT building. Spray foam has also been installed on the south and west facing exterior walls. Prep work for the EFIS insulation also started with a layer of plywood going up.
Follow the progress of the project here and check out our photo gallery on Facebook.
A maintenance outage for Listcounts is scheduled for Sunday November 4th 12:00 pm EST and will last for approximately 1-2 hours. Listcounts will not be available during that time.
Please contact your Account Manager or Support if you have any questions.
Thank you for your patience.
The NFocus Support Team
Major work starts on building renovations.
Construction crews took advantage of perfect weather conditions and began the first major step in renovating our buildings. Today crews removed the metal siding on the southern facing wall. The insulation will next be removed and replaced with more efficient spray on foam material. The metal siding will also be replaced with EIFS providing an even higher insulation factor.
Follow all of the construction progress here.
NFocus is here to help you plan for the 2019 postage rate increases.
October might be the most important month for mailers as the proposed postage rate increases are announced. The overall average proposed increase for Marketing Mail is 2.479% while Periodicals will see a 2.52% increase.
How are rates set?
The United States Postal Service filed their intended rate changes to the Postal Regulatory Commission the 2nd week of October. The PRC has up to 34 days to review the filing. The new rates are set to go into effect Sunday January 27, 2019.
Postage rates are adjusted annually and are based on the Consumer Price Index. This method of rate adjustment was set under the Postal Accountability and Enhancement Act which was signed into law in 2006 by President George W. Bush.
What can you do now?
Now is the time to plan and we are here to help. Our postal experts will examine your mailing and provide you with details on how the new rates may effect your mailing. Even though Marketing Mail is facing a proposed 2.479% overall increase, the percentage increase varies based on multiple factors including drop location and carrier route volumes. We can help you navigate all the details to uncover your individual impact.
What options do you have?
NFocus offers multiple solutions for mailers to help them manage their postage. The NFocus Smart Saturation solution allows marketers to use a highly targeted direct mail list while maintaining specific postage requirements. Mailers who need to maintain full walk sequence saturation on their lists will find ResQue’s powerful route level optimization tools extremely useful.
Contact NFocus today for more information on how the new rates could impact your mailing and help you plan your 2019 mailing strategy.
The familiar blue buildings that have housed NFocus for 20 years will soon go through a major renovation.
Pre-work began in mid-October to prepare the site for the construction work. The buildings on Hubbard Drive in Lancaster are actually the third location NFocus has called home since the company was founded in 1989. The interior of the buildings have been expanded and remodeled several times over the years as the staff grew and the company’s needs changed. This project will focus on the exterior of the buildings.
“The exteriors of our two buildings are getting a complete face-lift,” said Doug Cronin, NFocus President. “We are excited about the new look, but we are even more excited about the new efficiencies we will be able to add in the process.”
The highly conductive metal siding will be replaced with EIFS siding. The EIFS provides the exterior walls with an insulated, water-resistant, finished surface. New foam insulation will also be installed giving the buildings a much higher R value and improving HVAC efficiencies.
The front parking lot will also get completely overhauled. The new parking surface will feature more parking spaces and smoother traffic flow with redesigned entrance and exit.
We hope to have the project completed by the end of 2018. You can follow the process of project here on our blog.
NFocus is proud to support the hardworking kids at the 2018 Fairfield County Fair!
We are honored to have placed the winning bids for Ben Seals (market hog), Gabriella Schumacher (market rabbit), and Emma Butterbaugn (reserved grand champion market lamb).
Congratulations to everyone who participated in the Fairfield County Junior Fair!