USPS have updated mail.dat requirements for the new year.
The United State Postal Service recently announced that they will only accept mail.dat versions 18.1 or higher in 2019. Versions 17.1 and 17.2 will no longer be supported. As such, NFocus will move to providing mail.dat version 18.1 for all processed jobs by January 1st.
Please contact your Account Manager or Support with any questions or concerns.
NFocus is excited to announce the appointment of Cliff Reynolds to the role of Director of Information Technology.
Cliff brings a wealth of experience to the NFocus team including IT infrastructure, global manufacturing, system operations, and network management. Cliff’s background includes working as an IT Project Manager and Senior Program Director for Fortune 500 companies in the Midwest. Cliff also spent 15 years in IT Infrastructure and Operations for the United States Marine Corps.
“We are thrilled to have Cliff join the NFocus family,” said Doug Cronin, President of NFocus. “Cliff’s experience and knowledge will be a tremendous asset to our Development team.”
Cliff lives in Lancaster with his wife and four kids. Cliff volunteers with veterans helping them transition into jobs after their service ends by assisting them with job placement services and is the President for the Lancaster Gales Youth Football Association.
About NFocus: NFocus is a company rooted in strong data, supported by knowledgeable people, and strengthened by innovative solutions to accelerate growth. Founded in 1989, NFocus helps marketers succeed through our proprietary marketing technology, robust data portfolio, and extensive industry experience. Processing billions of data records annually, NFocus is a proven marketing partner for a variety of clients across the United States.
The new rates will take effect January 27, 2019.
The Postal Regulatory Commission (PRC) announced today that they approved the United States Postal Service’s planned postage rate adjustments for both Market Dominant and Competitive products.
First-Call Mail rates for 2019:
Select Competitive product rates for 2019:
|Retail Small Flat Rate Box
|Retail Medium Flat Rate Box
|Retail Large Flat Rate Box
|Retail Regular Flat Rate Envelope
NFocus will be closed Thursday November 22nd and Friday November 23rd in observance of Thanksgiving.
Please contact your Account Manager or Support to adjust your order schedule.
NFocus is looking for a Senior Software Architect to join our team.
The Sr Software Architect leads a team through specific team tasks, including system or process maintenance, new project delivery, and production issue resolution. Works with IT Senior Management to develop department direction and vision. Sets goals to ensure the success of the Team. Provides both team and cross functional leadership while ensuring the quality and timeliness of all team deliverable. The Sr Software Architect participates on one or more project teams, including supporting the design and modeling of the architecture and related solutions, component identification, quality reviews and adherence to policies, standards, guidelines and procedures. They review existing business processes to improve business processes as well as support all architectural disciplines under Sr IT Management direction. They will also be required to give input to the overall ESA practice and standards.
Essential Functions Include
- Leads team members through department tasks including design, development, and/or configuration of IT systems that meet technical specifications and end-user requirements
- Works with IT Senior Management to develop department direction and vision that ensures alignment with business strategy
- Sets team goals to ensure the success of the department in accordance with milestones developed by IT Senior Management
- Be part of a team of developers in solving complex software problems.
- Establish and adhere to coding and engineering practices within the team.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA / BS / BFA) or equivalent preferred
- 5-8 years’ working in a corporate or equivalent environment
- Experience with management and supervisory practices; human resource practices; safety requirements and procedures; standard office practices
- Experience with IT architecture and design concepts; software development lifecycle; project management; advanced and systems administration practices and principles; planning, design, and problem resolution
View the complete job posting here. Contact Dianne Garlinger for more information.
An overview of the proposed 2019 USPS promotions and Incentives for mailers.
Each year the United States Postal Service provides several promotions and incentives for mailers to utilize new technology with their direct mail printing and messaging. Promotions focus on specific technologies and are only available for a limited amount of time, usually 3-6 months. The incentive programs are available for both First-Class and Marketing Mail classes.
2019 proposed USPS Promotion and Incentive program
- Tactile, Sensory & Interactive Promotion
- February 1, 2019 – July 31, 2019
- Encourages marketers to incorporate innovative techniques on their mailpieces including specialty paper, specialty ink, and interactive elements.
- Available for Marketing Mail letters and flats, nonprofit Marketing mail letters and flats
- Incentive: 2% discount of eligible postage
- Emerging and Advanced Technology Promotion
- March 1, 2019 – August 31, 2019
- Encourages direct mailers to incorporate advanced technology in their mail campaigns, including augmented reality, virtual reality and mixed reality.
- Available for First-Class presort & auto letters, cards and flats, Marketing Mail letters and flats, nonprofit Marketing Mail letters and flats
- Incentive: 2% discount on eligible postage
- Earned Value Promotion
- April 1, 2019 – June 30, 2019
- Encourages the use of Business Reply Mail and Courtesy Reply Mail to boost First-Class Mail volumes.
- Available for Business Reply Mail, Courtesy Reply Mail and Share Mail cards and letters
- Incentive: $.03 credit
- Personalized Color Transpromo Promotion
- July 1, 2019 – December 31, 2019
- Encourages the mailer of bills and statements to use color messaging.
- Available for First-Class Mail commercial letters with IMb Full-Service
- Incentive: discount of 2% of eligible postage
- Mobile Shopping Promotion
- August 1, 2019 – December 31, 2019
- Encourages the use of technologies to connect direct mail to online shopping, such as QR codes.
- Available for Marketing Mail letters and flats and nonprofit Marketing Mail letters and flats
- Incentive: 2% discount on postage for eligible pieces
- Informed Delivery Promotion
- September 1, 2019 – November 30, 2019
- Encourages mailers to use create Informed Delivery campaigns in conjunction with their direct mail campaign.
- Available for First-Class Mail presort & auto letters, cards and flats, Marketing Mail letters and flats, and nonprofit Marketing Mail letters and flats
- Incentive: Discount of 2% on eligible postage
Building renovations continue to progress
Construction crews continue to make progress on the NFocus exterior renovation project. Crews were able to remove all the siding and old insulation on the Data Center and IT building. Spray foam has also been installed on the south and west facing exterior walls. Prep work for the EFIS insulation also started with a layer of plywood going up.
Follow the progress of the project here and check out our photo gallery on Facebook.
A maintenance outage for Listcounts is scheduled for Sunday November 4th 12:00 pm EST and will last for approximately 1-2 hours. Listcounts will not be available during that time.
Please contact your Account Manager or Support if you have any questions.
Thank you for your patience.
The NFocus Support Team
Major work starts on building renovations.
Construction crews took advantage of perfect weather conditions and began the first major step in renovating our buildings. Today crews removed the metal siding on the southern facing wall. The insulation will next be removed and replaced with more efficient spray on foam material. The metal siding will also be replaced with EIFS providing an even higher insulation factor.
Follow all of the construction progress here.