NFocus is currently looking to fill the position of Training Coordinator
*The Training Coordinator is responsible for analyzing training needs, developing curriculum, and delivering courses to staff members and customers.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Confers with management, supervisors, employees, and customers to gain knowledge of work situations requiring training and to better understand changes in policies, procedures, business initiatives, and technologies.
- Designs, develops, implements, and delivers training programs for varying levels of individuals within the company and to customers.
- Coordinates training schedule with the hiring and training demands of the company and customers.
- Formulates teaching outline and determines instructional methods such as individual training, group instruction, demonstrations, meetings, and workshops.
- Prepares and distributes training aids, such as instructional material, handouts, evaluation forms, and visual aids.
- Schedules the appropriate classroom and prepares the physical setup, including audiovisual equipment.
- Develops and maintains continual education support materials to be used for reference once training has been completed.
- Continually evaluates training progress and training procedures to monitor and analyze course effectiveness and update curriculum as needed.
- Develops strong relationships with management and staff to develop course materials and receive feedback.
- Remains current on developments in training and instructional methodologies.
- Business Acumen
- Communication Proficiency
- Relationship Management
- Time Management
- Organizational Skills
- Problem Solving/Critical Thinking
Job Type: Full-time
- Training & Development: 2 years (Preferred)
Questions? Contact Dianne Garlinger Director of Finance and Human Resources
NFocus will be closed Friday April 19th in observance of Good Friday.
Please contact Support or your Account Manager if you need any assistance revising your order schedule.
Tiffani Rossi receives first ever NFocus Helping Others Succeed award
Tiffani Rossi, Client Growth Specialist, was awarded the Helping Others Succeed award for the first quarter of 2019. The award is given quarterly to an NFocus employee who goes above and beyond helping others succeed.
“‘Helping others succeed’ is the NFocus vision statement, it drives everything we do,” said Doug Cronin, President of NFocus. “Tiffani is an example of someone who takes great pride in helping others succeed, whether that is with her co-workers, our clients, or people outside of NFocus.”
Tiffani is focused on helping clients with their marketing efforts by optimizing targeting, improving data quality and analyzing results. As the Client Growth Specialist, Tiffani works one-on-one with clients to build custom data solutions to meet the unique needs of each client.
Tiffani frequently collaborates with other departments in NFocus to help. It is common for Tiffani to be found working with the Account Managers or the Data Analysts helping build solutions.
Tiffani earned a Bachelor’s degree from Park University and an Associate’s degree from Hocking College. Tiffani was born and raised in Lancaster, Ohio where she currently lives with her husband, two kids, two dogs, a cat and a turtle.
NFocus is looking to add a Software Developer to our team
This developer will contribute to innovation which is critical for the growth of a fast growing, mission-driven sustainable business. The Full Stack Developer is responsible for the development of web applications that take into consideration all aspects of application development architecture design including – performance, scalability, coding, caching, security, encryption, session state management, and error logging and testing. Successful candidates will be self-starters and have a passion for software development. Collaboration with all NFocus departments and with our enterprise customers is required, making good communication and interpersonal skills essential.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Writes complex technical modules based on design specifications adhering to department coding guidelines delivering on time and on budget in a quality manner.
- Designs, prototypes and applies best practices for new and/or existing systems including the development of test plans
- Establishes priorities and executes to achieve results
- Creates software release notes, support documents, and user documentation
- Ensures proper version control of application software code
- Performs troubleshooting, debugging and testing of application software
- Resolves production support issues in a timely manner, including during non-business work hours when required.
- Communicates effectively with manager, peers, and internal customers to relay status of work and raise challenges, concerns, questions, and issues as necessary
- Collaborate with senior developers to help author standard process and support related documents
- Stays abreast of the new technologies and help articulate pros and cons to the management team
- Mentors junior staff in appropriate technical and business skills and help coordinate their day-to-day tasks
- Understands database architecture, distributed infrastructure and various network technologies to develop robust and scalable solutions for the organization
- Performs code reviews and design reviews in order ensure quality of deliverables and functional requirements are achieved
- Participates in daily stand ups, sprint planning, and other activities in an Agile Scrum environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree (BA / BS / BFA) or equivalent preferred
- 5-8 years’ working in a corporate or equivalent environment
- 4+ years of prior experience in application development
- Technical capacity
- Problem solving/analysis
- Communication proficiency
- Work independently as well as with a team
- Time management
- Full Stack web development (8+ years)
- The ability to work in a team of developers of varied skill levels and expertise.
- Multi-tier layered architecture
Core Technologies Listed in Priority
- ASP.NET/C#, .NET Core
- Docker containerization
- UI/UX (Design, CSS, Cross-browser)
- MS SQL, SSMS, SSIS
- MVVM, MVC, or other similar framework
- Entity Framework
- Git Source Control
- Familiarity practicing in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Cloud development experience
- Experience with Geographic Information System (GIS Software)
Email questions or your resume to Dianne Garlinger, Director of Finance and Human Resources
NFocus Holiday Hours
On behalf of the entire NFocus family, we wish you and your family a very happy holiday season!
NFocus will be closed the following days:
December 24th and 25th
December 31st and January 1st
Please contact your Account Manager or Support if you have any questions or need to adjust your order schedule.
Thank you and happy holidays!
The NFocus Team
NFocus is excited to announce the appointment of Cliff Reynolds to the role of Director of Information Technology.
Cliff brings a wealth of experience to the NFocus team including IT infrastructure, global manufacturing, system operations, and network management. Cliff’s background includes working as an IT Project Manager and Senior Program Director for Fortune 500 companies in the Midwest. Cliff also spent 15 years in IT Infrastructure and Operations for the United States Marine Corps.
“We are thrilled to have Cliff join the NFocus family,” said Doug Cronin, President of NFocus. “Cliff’s experience and knowledge will be a tremendous asset to our Development team.”
Cliff lives in Lancaster with his wife and four kids. Cliff volunteers with veterans helping them transition into jobs after their service ends by assisting them with job placement services and is the President for the Lancaster Gales Youth Football Association.
About NFocus: NFocus is a company rooted in strong data, supported by knowledgeable people, and strengthened by innovative solutions to accelerate growth. Founded in 1989, NFocus helps marketers succeed through our proprietary marketing technology, robust data portfolio, and extensive industry experience. Processing billions of data records annually, NFocus is a proven marketing partner for a variety of clients across the United States.
NFocus will be closed Thursday November 22nd and Friday November 23rd in observance of Thanksgiving.
Please contact your Account Manager or Support to adjust your order schedule.
NFocus is looking for a Senior Software Architect to join our team.
The Sr Software Architect leads a team through specific team tasks, including system or process maintenance, new project delivery, and production issue resolution. Works with IT Senior Management to develop department direction and vision. Sets goals to ensure the success of the Team. Provides both team and cross functional leadership while ensuring the quality and timeliness of all team deliverable. The Sr Software Architect participates on one or more project teams, including supporting the design and modeling of the architecture and related solutions, component identification, quality reviews and adherence to policies, standards, guidelines and procedures. They review existing business processes to improve business processes as well as support all architectural disciplines under Sr IT Management direction. They will also be required to give input to the overall ESA practice and standards.
Essential Functions Include
- Leads team members through department tasks including design, development, and/or configuration of IT systems that meet technical specifications and end-user requirements
- Works with IT Senior Management to develop department direction and vision that ensures alignment with business strategy
- Sets team goals to ensure the success of the department in accordance with milestones developed by IT Senior Management
- Be part of a team of developers in solving complex software problems.
- Establish and adhere to coding and engineering practices within the team.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA / BS / BFA) or equivalent preferred
- 5-8 years’ working in a corporate or equivalent environment
- Experience with management and supervisory practices; human resource practices; safety requirements and procedures; standard office practices
- Experience with IT architecture and design concepts; software development lifecycle; project management; advanced and systems administration practices and principles; planning, design, and problem resolution
View the complete job posting here. Contact Dianne Garlinger for more information.
Major work starts on building renovations.
Construction crews took advantage of perfect weather conditions and began the first major step in renovating our buildings. Today crews removed the metal siding on the southern facing wall. The insulation will next be removed and replaced with more efficient spray on foam material. The metal siding will also be replaced with EIFS providing an even higher insulation factor.
Follow all of the construction progress here.
The familiar blue buildings that have housed NFocus for 20 years will soon go through a major renovation.
Pre-work began in mid-October to prepare the site for the construction work. The buildings on Hubbard Drive in Lancaster are actually the third location NFocus has called home since the company was founded in 1989. The interior of the buildings have been expanded and remodeled several times over the years as the staff grew and the company’s needs changed. This project will focus on the exterior of the buildings.
“The exteriors of our two buildings are getting a complete face-lift,” said Doug Cronin, NFocus President. “We are excited about the new look, but we are even more excited about the new efficiencies we will be able to add in the process.”
The highly conductive metal siding will be replaced with EIFS siding. The EIFS provides the exterior walls with an insulated, water-resistant, finished surface. New foam insulation will also be installed giving the buildings a much higher R value and improving HVAC efficiencies.
The front parking lot will also get completely overhauled. The new parking surface will feature more parking spaces and smoother traffic flow with redesigned entrance and exit.
We hope to have the project completed by the end of 2018. You can follow the process of project here on our blog.