Update process from prior version of GO-Global
Access to ResQue is changing slightly with an update to the underlying connection method, GO-Global. The update provides an easier installation process for new users and a more reliable connection for existing users. This change will appear to groups of users starting 03 June 2019 and should be deployed to all users by 31 June 2019. This document details the expected changes. No action is required from you until your usual ResQue link prompts you for a download.
Update and Install process for New and Existing Users
1. The first time you navigate to a ResQue link that has been updated you will see the following download wheel. This may take up to two minutes to complete.
2. Once downloading has completed you will be redirected to this page. If it does not appear after a few minutes, reload the page. Click the ‘Download’ link. You will be asked to save ‘go-global.exe’ or automatically start downloading this file.
3. Run ‘go-global.exe’ after the download has completed.
4. The following installer should appear. Click the ‘Install’ button to begin the installation. A progress bar will appear.
5. Once the installation has completed, the ‘Close’ button will appear. Click the close button and return to your browser.
6. The web page in your browser will automatically reload and provide the ResQue login after you exit the GOGlobal Single User installer. If the page does not reload after a few moments, reload the page and the ResQue login prompt will be provided.
Users can connect to a GO-Global Host from any computer that supports a GO-Global client. GO-Global supports the following platforms:
Windows 10 Pro and Enterprise (32-bit/64-bit), Windows 8.1 Pro and Enterprise (32-bit/64-bit), Windows 7 with Service Pack 1 (32-bit/64-bit)
Mac OS X 10.10 and later
Red Hat Enterprise Linux and 6 and 7 (64-bit), CentOS 6 and 7 (64-bit), SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12 (64-bit), Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (64-bit)
GO-Global supports the following browsers:
Internet Explorer 11 (32-bit)
Mozilla Firefox 52 and later (standard and ESR, 32-bit and 64-bit)
Apple Safari 9 or later on Mac OS X
Google Chrome with Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, and Chromebook
If you have any issues installing or connecting to ResQue, please ensure that security policies, antivirus or firewall software, and browser extensions are not causing issues with the GO-Global application. It is also helpful to try an alternate web browser if you are experiencing issues connecting.
You can also download a PDF version of these instructions by clicking this link.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you continue to have problems connecting to ResQue.